It’s hard to think of a more important part of the human body than the brain. Your brain directs and coordinates the activities of the rest of your body, thus it is extremely important that you always pay attention to what your brain needs to keep functioning as effectively as possible. One of the best and simplest ways to take care of your current and future mental function is to make sure that you’re taking the best brain supplements for your brain health.
In addition, you can substantially support your current brain functioning and future brain health by getting the right nutrients in the right proportion, consuming enough water, exercising regularly, and eliminating or minimizing unhealthy habits such as smoking and alcoholism.
In this post, you are going to learn everything you need to know about the brain supplements to support, enhance and strengthen your long-term brain health.
Why Brain Health Matters
- Your brain health is the single most important aspect of your living that deserves your whole attention if you want to enjoy a balanced, productive and thriving life. This is particularly important in a world where you go through lots of stress, anxiety and frustration. In the midst of your busy schedules, we sometimes find ourselves stuck and feel so overstretched that you sacrifice your wellness and health in favor of meeting deadlines.
- Little do you realize that failure to strike a balance between getting things done and maintaining a good physical and brain health can put you at a high risk of a reduced ability to focus, declining cognitive functioning, rapidly failing memory and unstable moods. In fact, poor brain health has been associated with future age-related health issues such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Considering the crucial roles that your brain plays in shaping your overall well being, it is essential to make choices and support your brain health, one of which is the use of proven and effective brain supplements. Brain health supplements can significantly boost your mental health, improve your ability to focus, normalize your moods, and accelerate your cognitive functioning. In fact, boosting your brain health through brain supplements can help you save off mental decline due to dementia, aging and Alzheimer’s disease.
Biohacking Your Brain With Brain Health Supplements
- Almost everyone is suffering over-stimulation in today’s intensely busy and extraordinarily demanding world where long hours of work are becoming a culture and everyone is trying to catch up in the rat race. Unfortunately, the resulting pressure and stress can lead to short term memory issues, lack of focus, and a state of constant distraction. Brain health supplements can be used to boost your brain functioning and overall cognitive capability.
- Biohacking is a term used to describe an attempt at improving both physical and mental performance. It may be hard to tell whether certain health problems you experience are caused by external forces or a problem with your brain health. But it is believed that some type of biohacking could help keep age-related mental decline at bay. That said, it’s worth trying biohacking your brain to confirm if it can help prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Biohacking, also known as DIY biology, is an extremely broad term that covers a huge range of activities channeled to making the body function better and more efficiently. Over the years, conversation around the concept has significantly increased, not only in Silicon Valley where it originated, but among diverse categories of people who are interested in adjusting their foods, exercise, meditation, and vitamins to gain improved health.
Biohacking your brain is the perfect step to begin with if you want to support your mental health, stabilize your mood, enhance your clarity, and achieve high focus.
Can Diet And Nutrition Boost Your Brain Health?
- One way to boost or biohack your brain health is through nutrients and antioxidants that are proven to meet your brain needs. Interestingly, you don’t have to break the bank before you can afford some of the things your brain requires to function maximally. Simple things such as adequate hydration and inclusion of plants and vegetables in your diet can help your brain perform at its optimal capacity. In addition, aerobic exercises, approved by a doctor, can accelerate the flow of nutrients to the right parts of the brain, thereby improving your ability to resist depression and stress.
- However, many of the typical American diets, especially those found in fast food restaurants are deficient in their entailment of the required nutrients such as carotenoids, omega-3s and vitamin E that are helpful in keeping the brain in its best form. Even your best efforts toward including brain-enhancing nutrients in your daily menu may not be sufficient to get the recommended amount that your brain needs to perform at its highest level, and fight off age-related cognitive degenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Scientific studies have shown that people with high concentration of omega-3s and carotenoids in their brain matter exhibit high cognitive function more than those that do not. Medical scientists have also discovered that most patients with Alzheimer’s disease are typically deficient in these brain-focused nutrients.
Scientific research reveals that the average brain requires 12 mg of lutein and 2 mg of zeaxanthin a day. Unfortunately, the vast majority of American population gets less than 10% of those amounts. While inadequate brain nutrients in diet had resulted in many mental health conditions, this generation is luckier to have brain health supplements to make up for the inadequacy. Brain health supplements enable you to bridge the gap between what you’re getting right now and what your brain actually needs for effective brain performance now and in the future.
Nourishing Your Brain Health Through Diet
- Consuming the right kinds of nutrients in the right proportion cannot only make you strong physically but also mentally agile. Scientific discoveries in the field of neurology have established a clear connection between brain performances with certain types of nutrients. Meanwhile, studies have also revealed that more than 90 percent of Americans don’t get the recommended daily allowance of vitamins and minerals they need from their daily diet to support their brain health.
- The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion discovered that Americans, across almost every range, consume too little vegetables, fruits, whole grains, seafood and diary. Instead, a lot of Americans identify with the culture of eating too much of less nutritious and more damaging food containing added sugars, saturated fats, refined grains, and sodium. Indulging in such food can compromise your brain health and leave you vulnerable to many brain-related conditions. This is why you need brain health supplements to provide the fortification your brain requires to fight against intruders in the form of brain degenerative diseases, Alzheimer’s and dementia.
As noted earlier, getting brain boosting nutrition isn’t expensive. The main problem is many people spend a lot of time trying to get things done in the right time, but pay little or no attention to the quality of diet they consume.
- To improve your brain health, you have to begin by cultivating the habit of eating a balanced diet that includes three or more portions of fruits and vegetables every day. Make sure the choice of the fruits and veggies you make contain high antioxidants in them. Options like green peppers, purple grapes, dark red or blue berries, red tomatoes and orange carrots are proven to contain high percentages of antioxidants, effective for brain health and anti-ageing.
- For non-vegans, you can include protein like fish, chicken, lean cuts of beef, and beans in your meal selection. Also, don’t leave out foods that are high in omega-3s like cold water sourced fish such as salmon or plant-based sources such as walnuts, flaxseed and chia seeds.
To maximize the benefits of these diets containing those antioxidants, it is recommended to avoid too much consumption of that cause inflammation like sugar, contain a lot of artificial or chemical ingredients, are highly processed, or are high in saturated or trans fats and salt.
It’s understandable that this is not the cutest or sexiest thing to do, but doing it religiously can help you lead a more productive, relieving and rewarding life.
What Are Brain Health Supplements?
Put simply, they are known as nootropics, are natural medications that are produced to support your brain health. Brain supplements have a long list of benefits including:
- Boost cognitive power
- Enhance brain health
- Strengthen cognitive thinking
- Improve memory
- Stabilize uneven moods or mood swings
- Fight against future brain-related conditions such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Promote alertness
- Overcome sleepiness
- Boost creativity
- Improve executive functions
- Heighten motivation
Nootropics Vs. Brain Health Supplements
- Although nootropics are sometimes used interchangeably to refer to brain health supplements, the two are fundamentally different. Not every brain health supplement is considered nootropics. Nootropics, known as smart drugs or cognitive enhancers, are drugs, supplements and other substances that may help in improving an individual’s cognitive functions, particularly memory, motivation or executive functions. That said, nootropics are just a category of a wide range of brain health supplements specifically designed to boost cognitive performance.
- Nootropics can come in different forms – natural, synthetic or pharmaceutical. Synthetic nootropics such as Adderall and other stimulants, including caffeine and b12, can enhance focus. However, research has shown that they can be harmful to your cognitive function over time. Synthetic and pharmaceutical nootropics are not the best as they typically contain addictive ingredients that can cause long-term negative side effects.
- Natural nootropics, on the other hand, have both short-term and long-term benefits for every aspect of brain health, including executive function, cognitive function, mental health, and memory without leaving you with all the harmful side effects associated with synthetic and pharmaceutical nootropics.
That said, it is recommended that you purchase only a product with a natural formula that will also support your long-term brain health when shopping for a nootropic brain supplement.
How To Shop For Brain Health Supplements
- When all said and done, you want to be confident and happy that the product you’re buying is going to help you lead a robust and healthy life. But how do you ensure that you’re making the right choice of the appropriate brain health supplements to buy?
- First things first, you need to ask yourself certain questions such as, why do I need brain health supplements? What health goals do I intend to achieve by supplementing your brain function and health?
- Keep in mind that all brain health supplements are not the same. Before you jump into making a buying decision, it is crucial that you do some research into which brain health supplements are best for you personally.
Whether you are looking to feel more alert, boost your short term memory or stave off dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, brain health supplements can do all of those things. However, you should be able to define your needs and goals and then look for the specific ingreidents that can help you achieve your goals. If you have two or more goals, shop for different brain supplements that offer the unique benefits you’re seeking.
Do Brain Health Supplements Really Work?
- There are many brain health supplements out there that are well-researched and proven to be effective. But there are also some that do not help in any way. Before you purchase any brain supplements, make sure you do your due diligence by taking time to research the manufacturer of the products, the ingredients used and other important details.
- You can look for medical research published by reputable colleges and universities, carefully read through the research and make sure you’re satisfied with the information about the particular product you’re buying.
- Beware of unproven companies, making false promises about the effectiveness of their products. Therefore, make sure you do a thorough research before you choose which one is good for you.
In addition, take time to read the fine print on the product you’re buying. Does the brain supplement have a warning about the potential side effects when used alongside a medication you’re currently taking? If so, it’s recommended that you consult your physician or pharmacists to ensure your safety before proceeding into taking the brain product.
Needless to stress the need for you to prioritize “natural” nootropics over pharmaceutical or synthetic products. Natural nootropics have less negative side effects compared with synthetics.
Popular Ingredients Found In Brain Health Supplements
- Acetyl-L carnitine, also known as ALCAR, is a therapeutic agent believed to have numerous benefits in healing traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. It is considered to be both cardio-protective and neuro-protective, helping in reducing oxidative stress on both the brain and the heart.
- Carotenoids refer to pigments in plants, algae, and photosynthetic bacteria that produce bright yellow, red and orange colors in plants, vegetables, and fruits. Carotenoids are believed to act as a type of antioxidant for humans. There are more than 600 different types of carotenoids, and some can be converted to vitamin A when released into the body.
The common carotenoids in North American diets are carotene, cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin and lycopene. Many experts in healthcare believe that nutrients containing carotenoids can help in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and some types of cancers while also enhancing cognitive functions.
- Also known as brahmi, herb of grace and water hyssop, bacopa monnieri is a staple plant in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. The herb has been used by Ayurvedic medical practitioners for centuries for a wide range of purposes, including improving memory, treating epilepsy and reducing anxiety. In fact, credible research shows that bacopa monnieri may boost brain function and alleviate stress and anxiety, among other benefits. It can also help repair damaged brain cells and improve generation and regeneration of new cells.
- Creatine is an organic acid that’s naturally found in seafood, dairy products and meat. It helps to supply energy to cells, particularly to muscle cells. People use it to boost athletic performance and increase muscle. In addition, creatine can enhance short term memory and reasoning in healthy individuals.
- Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant, belonging to the methylxanthine class. It is the world’s most widely consumed psychoactive drug. Caffeine cannot only increase alertness, but also enhance memory. A publication by Johns Hopkins University reveals that caffeine has a positive effect on long term memory.
However, caffeine taken in excess may leave you with some downsides. Caffeine may increase your anxiety level, and cause you to become jittery. Like anything else, it is recommended that you consume caffeine in moderate amounts to avoid the side effects that come with it.
- DHA is a group of Omega-3s fatty acids that is highly effective in sustaining healthy brain function. It supports both overall brain health and boosts cognitive performance. DHA is commonly found in cold water fish like salmon, along with flax and chia seeds.
- Fish oil is a vital ingredient in the composition of effective brain health supplements. It is made of many essential fatty acids which help in boosting brain functions and decreasing inflammation. Shortage of these fats have been linked to mood disorder.
- Commonly referred to as brain food, Omega-3 are a combination of several essential fats that are crucial for health brain function. These nutrients are not naturally secreted in human bodies, they have to be ingested through diets.
- Lutein is commonly known as the “eye vitamin” due to its widespread use as an eye health supplement. But it is also an essential ingredient in brain supplements. Experts have linked the substance to a variety of mental benefits such as improved cognitive functions. Like Omega-3 fatty acids, lutein is not naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplementation is one of the best ways to get it in adequate amounts.
- The potential brain health benefits of resveratrol wasn’t known until sometime in the 1990s when scientists first recognized the positive effects of red wine in alleviating dementia risk. Resveratrol can be found in dark berries, grape juice, cocoa, blueberries and peanuts. Clinical trials have also pointed to the fact that resveratrol stabilizes the level of beta-amyloid-40, a type of protein that typically decreases in the blood as Alzheimer’s disease advances.
- Natural Vitamin, also known as D-Alpha Tocopherol, is an essential nutrient for proper brain health due its impressive antioxidant properties. Vitamin E can protect brain cells against the damaging effects of free radicals which are secreted when the body breaks down food material or is exposed to tobacco some. It is also useful in several other parts of the body, including eyesight, reproductive health, and blood chemistry.
- Rhodiola Rosea is a flowering plant that is commonly planted and preserved in Europe, Asia and Russia for its medicinal benefits. Some research shows that the plan relieves mental fatigue and can alleviate depressive symptoms.
The Importance Of Taking A Brain Health Assessment
What is brain health assessment and why is it important?
- Brain health assessment enables you to see how your brain is currently functioning. Knowing current level of your brain performance can help you make an informed decision regarding whether you need support and the type of brain health supplements that may help you.
So, how do you go about having a medical brain health assessment?
- Brain health assessments are conducted by doctors or certified neurologists. However, you can also get a limited view of your brain health by using an online cognitive tool. There are several online brain health assessments tools and the tests are usually completed in less than a half hour. Either ways, brain health assessment seeks to measure your ability to solve problems, test your memory, among other tests.
- Brain health assessment also takes into consideration an individual’s daily habits and stress levels – extremely important factors that can significantly affect your brain health. Other factors, including what your diet, your fitness level, how hydrated you are and how much sleep you’re getting can affect both your overall mental performance and brain health.
Please note that every online brain test platform is not the same. Be wary of online brain health assessment sites that claim to issue critical medical diagnosis like bipolarism, or anxiety or depression. You’re advised to see a qualified doctor or neurologist.
Brain Health Supplements On Amazon
- There are several brain health supplements on Amazon, but here are just a few of them below:
- Focus Factor is a popular brain health supplement that boasts of its advanced formulation aimed at improving memory, concentration and focus. The product claims to help in increasing the levels of key selected neuro-nutrients in the body. Active ingredients include DHA, Bacopa, Vitamin D and DMAE.
- Here’s another brain health supplement claims to help in reducing brain fog and “clear the cobwebs holding you back from achieving limitless stays…with Phosphatidylserine, Acetyl L Carnitine HCL and L-Tyrosine for higher level of thought processing, dopamine production and nerve support.
- Natrol Cognium Tablets is a derivative of an active ingredient, cognium, which is commonly found in the threads of silkworm cocoons. The manufacturer claims that their product boosts memory in healthy adults.
- Vital Brain Booster claims to use many active ingredients that help reduce mental fogginess and fatigue using “brain vitamins that contain DMAE, which may produce feelings of improved mental clarity, cognitive ability, memory and physical energy.” The product is a natural nootropic pill that boosts memory and improves overall brain function.
- NeuroActiv6 is a natural brain health supplement made from a unique formulation of clinically tried and trusted ingredients proven to boost brain power, enhance mood, restore energy levels, and nourish your brain. The supplement is designed to include polyphenol compounds, nootropics and bio-active ingredients that work actively to promote a health inflammatory response, support healthy cortisol levels, lower oxidative stress and promote “neural communication.”
It has also been proven that NeuroActiv6 is capable of accomplishing the same outcome that would normally have required you to take multiple pills and supplements daily. The company claims to have taken all the scientifically proven does and put them into one, all-encompassing, healthy and delicious-tasting drink mix.
- Neuro Peak Brain Support Supplement is believed to support memory and cognition. The company claims its supplement helps “support oxygen and circulation in the brain, brain cells and neurons.” The supplement is produced using active ingredients such as Vitamin B12, Bacopa monnieri, Ginkgo Biloba and Rhodiola Rosea.
Why NeuroActiv6 Is The Best Brain Health Supplement Choice For You
- Formulated and patented by Natural Cell, a mental wellness company that’s committed to 100% transparency, NeuroActiv6 is a nutritional supplement specifically designed with premium sourced ingredients, and the most superior, bioactive versions of every ingredient.
- Several research on NeuroActiv6’s unique ingredients proved their safety and the supplement’s overall efficacy to improve recall, brain function, focus, and motor skills. The product boasts of 100% pure natural ingredients, gluten-free, non-GMO and dairy free. Unlike several other nootropic supplements on the market, NeuroActiv6 does not have any negative or long-term side effects.
Based on the strength of each of its ingredients, NeuroActiv6 is reputed as one of the best brain health supplements available on the market. The supplement is formulated, using several brain power enhancing ingredients to provide the needed nutrients that your brain requires for optimal performance. Interestingly, the supplement comes in delicious taste.
What Are The Top Ingredients In NeuroActiv6?
- The Clinically tested, multi-patented Sensoril Ashwagandha is a natural, stress-reducing, cognitive and mood-stabilizing dietary supplement with vast health benefits that you can feel almost immediately.
- Turmeric is a plant-based ingredient that helps promote a healthy inflammatory response, better blood flow to the brain, and optimize antioxidant capacity in the body. It constitutes one of the varieties of brain health boosting ingredients used in formulating NeuroActiv6.
- Grape seed extract is made from seeds that have been removed from the California grape skins before fermentation. Many studies have revealed that natural extract can help promote a healthy inflammatory response and reduce oxidative stress.
- A recent Oxford University study found that taking b6, b12 and folic acid together significantly improved brain function. B Vitamins promote mental energy.
- Citicoline is a vital brain-health nutrient. Cognizin, a proprietary form of citicoline, has been clinically studied to support focus, attention, recall, and increase brain energy (ATP) by 14% and speed up formation of brain membranes by 26% in healthy adults.
ORGANIC MEDITERRANEAN BERRIE FRUIT AND VEGETABLE BLEND
- Several studies have shown that a regular consumption of Mediterranean-style diet, best known to contain the highest levels of polyphenols, was associated with better cognitive function. These potent brain-health nutrients feature predominantly on the broad scale of ingredients formulated to produce NeuroActiv6.
What Are The Benefits Of NeuroActiv6?
Increase BDNF Levels
- Active ingredients in the supplement such as coffee berry extract is believed to increase the levels of an important protein known as brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). BDNF is essential for maintaining healthy neurons and creating new ones. It also helps the brain to repair failing brain cells and protect healthy brain cells. Maintaining adequate levels of this power-packed protein can protect your brains from neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
Restore Brain Energy
- Citicoline significantly present in the supplement’s formation helps in raising the levels of important neurotransmitters, increasing brain energy and shoring up overall focus and mental performances.
Prevent Oxidative Stress
- Oxidative stress refers to an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body. Oxidative stress is the outcome of a harmful form of oxidation, resulting from large chain chemical reactions.
- Oxidative stress can bring colossal damage to fatty tissue, DNA and proteins in your body. The damage can lead to a vast number of diseases over time, including neurodegenerative diseases, such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
NeuroActiv6 provides the nutritional requirements to help fight oxidative stress by supporting a balance in your brain and memory. In fact, the supplement may improve focus and learning ability.
- Polyphenols, one of NeuroActiv6’s primary ingredients are known to be effective at promoting effective communication among several neurons, leading to quicker and sharper mind.
NeuroActiv6 – A Brain Health Supplement With Difference
- Following a series of clinical trials, the Quality Assurance Department ensures that product conforms to appropriate standards of quality and is safe and suitable for the intended use – to boost brain power, enhance focus and lower age-related brain diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
In addition, the QA Department insures that all operations and processes are conducted in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) as required by the United State Food and Drug Administration and as outlined in the 21 CFR, Part 111; Requirements for Dietary Supplements.
NeuroActiv6 is one of North America’s best brain health supplements with proof of immense amount of benefits without side effects.
Boost Mental Energy & Focus
Discover how just one glass a day of NeuroActiv6 can increase focus, clarity, and mental energy.Learn More >>