Have you ever wondered what food increases mental power easily? Keep on reading to find out
Are you thinking of adding a good, healthy diet to your new year’s resolution like most people? Well, it is normal that when people think about becoming healthy, they only look towards weight-loss. However, it is important that you keep your body and mind nourished and some special foods can help you do that.
Your food choices are important when it comes to feeling better mentally. So, read on to find out what you need to bring back home from your next grocery trip.
Let’s dive right into it.
Beginning with something that comes with a wide variety of foods to offer. Wild rice, beans, soy, and oats all come under whole grains. Your brain needs the energy to stay active and function better and it gets this energy from carbohydrates. Whole foods are packed with complex carbohydrates.
- This helps the glucose in the body to release to the brain slowly and in a controlled manner. It is, what you can call, a consistent source of energy. It is ideal to have whole grains as your breakfast, so a nice bowl of oatmeal will help you function attentively during long working hours.
Above all choices of fish, salmon is truly the king. This fatty fish contains rich amounts of omega-3. Omega-3 can help fight against problems like depression. It also helps in boosting memory and improving learning as well.
- On the other hand, it also has high rates of vitamin, which is another source that helps with depression significantly. Tuna, herring, and mackerel are other fish with high omega-3 if you are looking for variety.
- Packed with folate and vitamin k, avocados are perfect to help you against brain strokes. Moreover, if you are looking to improve your concentration and boost your brain function, then avocados work great for that, too.
Yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics. Probiotics are known to be great for gut health, but a rather unknown fact is that it is great for mental disorders such as anxiety and depression, too.
- Other than that, the magnesium and potassium of yogurt further help in improving brain function.
- Leafy green vegetables, along with spinach can provide your brain and body with a good dose of folic acid, helping your fight against depression. Moreover, it helps with keeping insomnia at-bay and also has been related to reducing dementia in older people.
- Chicken is a lean protein, perfect for weight loss as well as improving your mental health. It contains amino acid tryptophan which helps your body to produce serotonin — making the brain help control your mood, keep the memory strong, and reduce depressive thoughts.
- Similar to Salmon, nuts are also packed with omega-3 fatty acids. Cashews on the other hand provide magnesium which helps in increasing the brain’s oxygen levels. Almonds contain phenylalanine and that helps dopamine, which helps to elevate your mood.
- Yes, now with something that is truly delicious. Cocoa is most beneficial for the brain, hence we go for dark chocolate, which has less milk and fewer sugars. Dark chocolate is filled with antioxidants such as flavonoids. These help in boosting the brain’s memory, manage mood, and also improve cognitive ability in humans.
Along with mental health benefits, these foods also provide you with general health benefits. So, grab yourself a few of these items the next time you go shopping. Read more about how to improve your mental ability on Natural Cell!
Boost Mental Energy & Focus
Discover how just one glass a day of NeuroActiv6 can increase focus, clarity, and mental energy.Learn More >>