We talked to several fitness experts around you and here is what they say about what are feel-good hormones
Different glands in your body produce hormones. These hormones act as chemical messengers to play a part in various processes of the body.
Helping regulate your mood and giving it a positive boost is one of the most essential functions of these hormones. Happiness and pleasure are such feelings that you can feel when these hormones work in your body.
Feel-Good Hormones, aka Happy Hormones, are the following:
- Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with the brain’s reward system. Its function is to provide pleasurable sensations, motor function systems, robust memory, and others.
- Serotonin is a hormone and neurotransmitter that regulates your mood, along with your appetite, digestion, sleep, ability to learn and memorize.
- Oxytocin, aka the love hormone, provides a person to keep all forms of love, including parental and sexual. It assists while raising a child and also breastfeeding. On the other hand, a well-bonded relationship would lead to higher levels of oxytocin which bring sexual and physical pleasures to action. It also helps with trust and empathy.
- Endorphins work as natural pain relief for the body. When a person is in physical distress, endorphins make it better. They tend to increase in rewarding activities such as sex, exercising, or eating.
Following are the ways you can increase these hormones in your life to feel happier.
How to Increase Feel-Good Hormones
Be in The Sunlight
- Sunlight helps boost serotonin and endorphin levels in your body. So, apply your sunscreen and be ready to head out. Spending as much as 15 to 20 minutes regularly outside, soaking in the sun, will help increase these mood-boosters.
Move Your Body
- One thing that can get your endorphins, serotonin as well as dopamine rising, is working out. You must have noticed that when you exercise, you sense an immediate rewarding feeling. That is the hormones playing their part.
To make it more fun and to increase the levels of your happy hormones, even more, you can enjoy the workout with some friends. Daily exercise of 30 minutes is recommended, and you could also take the workout outdoors to make things even better.
- Natural ingredient supplements provide your brain with neuro-nutrients to keep it fit and healthy. A healthy brain is a happy brain. They also assist in boosting all your feel-good hormones to keep your mood elevated at all times.
- According to a study, it shows that meditation increases endorphin levels. All health junkies are aware that doing yoga or other meditative exercises does make a person feel much calmer, mindful and also removes brain fog.
If you are new at meditating, then you can also follow these simple steps to get started:
- Sit in a quiet space
- Close your eyes and bring all your attention to the present.
- Feel yourself breathing
- Softly inhale for three counts
- And then exhale for six counts
- Keep repeating this until you feel much calmer.
Meditation also helps with anxiety.
Spend Time With Pets
- Are you tired of humans? Animals could be your new best friends. Many studies have shown that having animals around you boost your oxytocin levels. Animals are cuddly and cute, and spending time with them naturally makes you feel delighted. It is known that having a cat also helps reduce depressive feelings. And petting a dog is incredibly beneficial to help lift your mood.
How are you feeling?
Have you been feeling a little low lately? We are sure our ideas will help in making you feel a whole lot better. If you are looking for a supplement, visit Natural Cell to find the one that is just right for you.
Boost Mental Energy & Focus
Discover how just one glass a day of NeuroActiv6 can increase focus, clarity, and mental energy.Learn More >>