Here are some tried and tested methods to sharpen your memory naturally
Old age brings a number of unwanted changes in a person. Short term memory loss, lack of concentration, and inability to recall details are some undesirable changes that come with old age. These changes occur due to the gradual loss of brainpower and vitality.
You can postpone or altogether escape these unwanted changes by maintaining greater mental health.
Science has proved that grey matter can be preserved and enhanced by following certain rules and performing healthy activities. Sharp memory and enhanced brain power benefit individuals of all ages. Research shows that the average human utilizes 6-8% of his brain during his entire life. If the brain is made to work harder, it gains more strength.
Neuroplasticity is the brain’s ability to adapt, grow, reorganize, and develop. When a brain is presented with challenging situations, the neurons are stimulated and the brain cells grow rapidly. Neuroplasticity is proof that you can enhance your mental prowess by stimulating your brain. Natural Cell has brought to you some specific ways which can sharpen your memory and boost mental strength.
Get Your Brain Working
- All our lives, our brain keeps on learning new skills and continues processing new information. Our brain becomes habitual and comfortable with performing everyday activities such as solving math problems or driving a car. If you wish to enhance its capacity, take your brain out of its comfort zone.
Experts believe that when the brain is presented with a brain-boosting activity, it learns to develop new neurological pathways. In doing so, it uses neurons that have not been used previously. This adds to the brain’s mental prowess.
Let us look at the traits of a brain-boosting activity:
- It’s new and different from routine activity. Learning and practicing an intellectually rich activity that the brain is not familiar with will get the brain working.
- The activity should be challenging and should require mental effort. It does not necessarily have to be something arduous. Even learning to play a new musical instrument can be challenging and fun at the same time.
- You should remain consistent in learning and improving the brain-boosting activity. Gradually build up the skill from a lower difficulty level to a higher difficulty level.
- The activity should be enjoyable and the brain should feel rewarded upon performing it.
Physical Exercise Means Enhanced Mental Capacity
- Physical exercise is not only good for overall health, but it also benefits the brain immensely. When we exercise, more oxygen is carried to the brain which nourishes the brain. Enhanced supply of oxygen also prevents the brain from diseases that can result in memory loss and damage the brain.
Exercise is an effective way to reduce stress. Moreover, physical exercise kicks in neuroplasticity and helps in developing new neuronal connections. Aerobic exercise and Zumba are found to be particularly beneficial for the brain.
Load up on Sleep
- Research has shown a direct link between consistent sleep deprivation and memory loss. Sleep is beneficial for the brain in multiple ways. Peaceful sleep helps consolidate memory. Deep sleep is particularly necessary for retaining a sharp memory over the years.
When we talk about sleep, both the quality and quantity matter. Try to adopt a regular and consistent sleep schedule. To improve the quality of sleep, follow the below-mentioned tips:
- Limit screen time before going to bed. The blue light of digital devices triggers wakefulness.
- Don’t exercise 2-3 hours before sleep.
- Avoid caffeine before bedtime.
Following the above-mentioned tips will help you improve memory and enhance mental prowess. On top of that, you can take brain supplements like NeuroActiv6 to sharpen your memory.
Boost Mental Energy & Focus
Discover how just one glass a day of NeuroActiv6 can increase focus, clarity, and mental energy.Learn More >>