Top Nutritionists near you discuss how to beat aging and also they reveal an ultimate guide on food, exercise, and supplement
Whereas youth may be inexperienced and naive, it will always carry a certain charm. The mind and body are at their prime, the senses are sharp and the physical appearance is at its best. It is such a magical time that no wonder there has been an unending quest for the Fountain of Youth since the beginning of time.
However, youth is temporary and as the years set in, time starts to leave a mark on the mind and body. Aging is a natural phenomenon that is marked by a gradual decline in physical and mental capacity. The physical appearance undergoes some unwanted changes which fade away the youthful charm and beauty.
Medically speaking, aging is a biological process that is the manifestation of some unwanted damage caused to the body on molecular and cellular levels. As a result, the mind and body undergo various changes. Some common and benign age-related changes are:
- Greying of hair
- The appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin
- Weakening of bones
- Loss of teeth
- Weakened eyesight and hearing ability
- Changes in posture
- Slowed down metabolism
Some more serious age-related changes are a weakened immune system, physical disability, and loss of mind-body coordination. A weakened immune system makes the body susceptible to various chronic diseases.
Whereas aging is a natural and inevitable phenomenon, there are multiple ways to either slow it down or neutralize it together. This phenomenon is termed anti-aging. Following a strict anti-aging regimen requires sweat, blood, tears, and perseverance, but in the long run, it is worth it. Let us take a detailed look at the dynamics of anti-aging.
5 Anti-Aging Secrets From Top Celebrities
Hollywood celebrities are the epitome of youth, beauty, charm, and grace. While makeup and a plethora of stylists can take credit for some part of their flawless looks, most celebrities maintain a strict dietary and exercise regimen to look forever young and charming.
The divas of the ‘90s have been the reigning beauty queens and have maintained their youthful looks despite being in their 40’s and 50’s. Let us take a look at the anti-aging secrets of some of the top Hollywood celebrities. We can all take inspiration from them and follow them in their footsteps.
This ageless beauty turned 51 this year, but she doesn’t look a day older than 31. She has been crowned as The Most Beautiful Woman multiple times over the years. Jen has a well-maintained figure, a head full of gorgeous hair, and sparkling blue eyes which frame her smooth and supple face. How does she look so young and smashing? Let us see.
- Jen swears by celery juice. She drinks it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and waits for at least half an hour before donning anything else. Celery juice contains Vitamin K that keeps the bones healthy and helps in the fast healing of wounds.
- Jen is an advocate of exercise and meditation. In multiple interviews, she has shared that she works out for 20-30 minutes every day. This involves a mix of cardio, pilates, and aerobics.
- She drinks 100 ounces of water every day.
This gorgeous redhead has been the reigning queen due to her acting prowess as well as her forever young looks. Moore recently turned 60 but she can give any 30 years old a run for her money. How does she manage to look so youthful and charming? Let’s see:
- She stays away from the sun as much as she can. Moore wears sunscreen both indoors and outdoors and walks under shades whenever she is outdoors.
- Moore indulges in microcurrent facials periodically which keep her skin plump and shiny.
- She never skips her night care routine which involves cleansing, exfoliation, moisturizing, and application of eye cream.
Angelina has been dominating our hearts ever since she made her breakthrough role in the movie Gia. Mother to six children, amazing actress and humanitarian, the superstar does not look a year older than 30 despite being in the late 40s. How does she manage to look so pretty all the time? Let’s see.
- She uses sunscreen which has an SPF of 50+ and is loaded with green tea and antioxidants.
- She uses exfoliating Glycolic Acid pads that peel off dead skin and reveal glowing skin underneath.
- She uses vitamin-enriched moisturizer to keep her skin plump.
It appears that Gwyenth Paltrow has managed to freeze her age because she looks just as good as she did 10 years ago. How? Let’s see.
- She uses chemical-free, mineral-based sunscreen regularly.
- She is a big believer in scrubbing and exfoliation. She takes a hot bath every night where she lathers and scrubs her entire body.
- She works out religiously every day.
JLo is an overachiever, be it singing or acting. She created a storm with her looks in the early 2000s and two decades later, she looks as radiant as ever. What’s her secret? Let’s see:
- She takes her beauty sleep very seriously.
- She is a big advocate of keeping oneself hydrated and loading up on fruits and vegetables.
- She is a good girl who avoids alcohol, cigarettes, and caffeine too.
Habits To Avoid If You Want To Look Young Even In Your 50s
Aging is a natural process that is universal to all. We all age at different paces and times. The youthful looks of celebrities can be attributed to good genes and expensive beauty treatments. However, we can take a leaf out of their books by following certain good habits and avoiding the bad ones.
- There are multiple bad habits that can accelerate the aging process and make you appear older than your actual age. By avoiding those habits, you can slow down the aging process and continue to preserve your good and youthful looks even when being in your 50s. What habits to avoid aging? Let us see.
Excessive exposure to sun rays contributes to premature aging. This type of aging is called photoaging. Sun rays contain high-intensity UV radiations which damage our skin leading to wrinkling and the appearance of fine lines. UV radiations interact with the outermost layer of skin which is called the dermis.
- The dermis contains important skin elements such as collagen and elastin which give the skin elasticity and a youthful appearance. The dermis faces maximum sun exposure. When the dermis interacts with UV rays, it damages the elastin fibers and causes the formation of free radicals in the skin. These factors contribute to the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Frequent exposure to sun rays also leads to broken facial capillaries and the appearance of red blotches on the face. These damages make the skin look old and tired. If you wish to retain your youthful appearance then avoid excessive exposure to sun rays by taking the following precautions:
- Application of sunscreen both indoors and outdoors
- Wear protective gear such as hats, caps, and sunglasses
- Avoid stepping outdoors during peak hours when the sun rays are most intense
Smoking is one of those habits which subtracts much value from your life while adding none to it. Smoking is pretty bad for your physical beauty as well and smokers tend to age prematurely. Wrinkles around the eyes are most common among smokers who are in their 30’s and 40’s. This is due to the fact that when we smoke, we tend to crinkle our eyes in order to avoid the smoke.
- Excessive movement of muscles leads to crow’s feet. Along with that, the chemical composition of cigarettes makes them pretty harmful for overall health. The nicotine in tobacco is a diuretic and causes the body to dehydrate due to frequent urination. Smoking also leads to the reduced absorption of vitamins A and C in the bloodstream. These are important vitamins that keep the skin healthy and glowing.
Hence, if you want to put a stop to premature aging, quit smoking!
Quit Sedentary Life-Style and Move More!
- Increased automation has made us lead sedentary and immobile lives. Not getting much physical activity around the day speeds up the aging process and brings in an onslaught of diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
Actually, our modern sedentary lifestyles have simply speeded up our underlying age-related decline. This contributes to the onset of diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
- Not meeting the recommended dose of exercise can cause obesity which makes you look much older than your real age.
3 Crucial Vitamins For A Younger Looking You – Include These In Your Diet Via Supplements
We have covered some basic habits to avoid that can prevent you from premature aging. It is time to look at what dietary habits to follow in order to look and feel young. What we consume plays an important role in determining our health and physical appearance. Let us take a look at some important vitamins which help you look younger.
- Vitamin E is a crucial anti-aging vitamin. It is a fat-soluble vitamin that comes with a diverse set of skin benefits. The alpha-tocopherol compound present in Vitamin E delivers an abundance of antioxidants to the skin.
Antioxidants help reverse the damage caused by free radicals to the skin’s cells. This helps the skin stay smooth and wrinkle-free. Topical application of Vitamin E aids in combating UV damage from sun rays. It is most powerful when combined with vitamin C for repairing skin damage.
- This vitamin is an all-rounder when it comes to skincare. It is featured in all skin-care products due to its powerful antioxidant properties and its ability to reverse skin damage. Its antioxidant-rich formula prevents skin from showing signs of premature aging such as the appearance of fine lines, blotches, and wrinkles.
Vitamin C also helps in the production of collagen which keeps the skin plump and tight.
- The anti-aging benefits of Vitamin D have been under consideration for quite some time. Medical research has revealed that deficiency of Vit D is not only bad for bones but for the skin as well. The burning effect of the sun is accelerated when the body has a deficiency of this important Vitamin.
If your body has healthy levels of Vitamin D, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your skin will be delayed and dimmed.
The 4 Most Powerful Anti-Aging Foods – Have These As Much As You Can
- As stated earlier, your diet plays a crucial role in determining the state of your physical wellness and fitness. Nature has devised multiple foods which are loaded with powerful anti-aging nutrients. Regular consumption of these foods will help you deceive the onlookers by making you look 10 years younger than your real age. Which are those foods? Let’s see:
These small citrus fruits are packed with vitamin C and antioxidants. Multiple dieticians recommend that you start the day by consuming a glass of lemon water on an empty stomach. It regulates the digestive system, aids in fat burning, and neutralizes free radicals.
- Topical application of lemon is also good for the skin, although it should be diluted with honey or rose water when applying topically. No wonder all skincare products feature lemon as their main ingredient.
Fish is not just a treat for the taste buds, it is also an effective anti-aging food. Fatty fish contains long-chains of omega-3 fats. These essential fats offer protection against heart disease and reduce inflammation in the body. They neutralize the damage caused by the sun and free radicals.
- Fatty fish also help combat skin dryness and accelerate collagen production.
Green veggies like Broccoli are your skin’s best friend. Dieticians recommend making it a regular part of your food because broccoli has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. It contains the following ingredients which make it a superfood:
- vitamins C and K
Sunflower oil, which is derived from sunflower seeds, has long been in use for cooking purposes. The seeds contain a blend of the following anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds:
- Vitamin E, B6, and B1
Making the seeds a part of your dietary routine will prevent wrinkles and fine lines for a long long time.
Busting Anti-Aging Myth – Does Metformin Really Work?
- Multiple pills and supplements are available in the market which claims to have magical anti-aging effects. Metformin is one such drug. It is actually not an anti-aging supplement rather it is used to treat Type-2 diabetes. However, empirical data may have pointed out that metformin can also aid in antiaging.
Metformin is one of the most widely prescribed medicines for treating Type-2 diabetes. It works by regulating insulin sensitivity and blood sugar levels in the patients’ blood. It is the first line of medication used for treating Type-2 diabetes especially in people who are overweight.
What Research Says About Metformin and Anti-Aging
- An intriguing consequence of consuming metformin is that it may have the ability to prolong life by bringing some positive physiological changes. Metformin was administered to rodents and worms who outlived their fellow beings. It was observed that metformin reduced inflammation in the body and brought in other positive cellular effects which slow down aging.
Does that make Metformin a magical drug that can slow down the biological clock and add a few more quality years to one’s life? Sadly no. The reason being that metformin hinders and blunts the positive antiaging effects of exercise. When metformin is consumed, it will neutralize the positive impacts of aerobic exercise.
- Hence, we are back to square one with metformin as it may deliver some antiaging benefits but cancel out even more.
Is There An Alternative to Metformin?
Metformin should be taken with the sole intention of managing type-2 diabetes. If you are looking to stay young, fit, and healthy go the natural way by eating healthy and exercising regularly. You can also include quality supplements in your diet which actually deliver positive antiaging effects.
NeuroActiv6 is one such supplement that does wonders for mental and physical health. Derived from organic nutrients, NeuroActiv6’s 5-in-1 formula keeps your energy level high and prevents mental and physical degeneration. This supplement does the following:
- The coffee berry extract increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels.
- It prevents oxidative stress which keeps the memory sharp and the brain ticking.
- It supports a healthy level of cortisol which keeps the stress in check and aids in increased memory.
- It promotes neural communication which allows the individual to learn new skills effortlessly.
- It restores mental energy which helps perform tasks better.
Aging is a natural phenomenon that is universal to all. It cannot be avoided, however, it can be managed and regulated. If you wish to age well and slow, then adopt the natural and healthy way of eating good food, avoiding excessive sun exposure, and exercising regularly. Maintaining a healthy regimen will be beneficial in the long run. Along with that, include quality supplements like NeuroActiv6 in your life and you will live a long, happy and healthy life.
Boost Mental Energy & Focus
Discover how just one glass a day of NeuroActiv6 can increase focus, clarity, and mental energy.Learn More >>