Coffee is one of the most sought-after and widely consumed beverages. The coffee bean which is a part of the coffee fruit is full of caffeine. The bean is ground and brewed to make delicious coffee. Whereas the bean gets the most attention for being delicious and having multiple health benefits, the coffee fruit that surrounds the bean is just as important and full of nutrients.
The coffee bean is laden with caffeine which gives the coffee its distinct taste and its antioxidant, and nutrient-rich properties. However, the coffee fruit is often ignored as there is little awareness regarding its beneficial value.
Scientific research has shown that the coffee fruit is at par with the coffee bean in terms of the nutritional value it offers. Rather the coffee fruit has more health benefits than the coffee bean itself.
What is the coffee fruit and what are its health benefits? Let us take a look.
What is Coffee Fruit Extract
- The coffee fruit resembles a bright red cherry. It is the organic and soft part that surrounds and protects the coffee beans as they develop. Coffee fruit is also called coffee cherry or berry. It is touted as stone fruit because of the presence of a hole in the middle of the fruit. Raw coffee beans grow in the pit of the coffee fruit.
- When raw and unripe, the coffee fruit is green in color and small in size. As it ripens, it turns a shade of deep red or purple color. Coffee is made from coffee beans. Coffee beans are extracted, dried, roasted, ground, and brewed to make coffee. During this process, the flesh of the fruit is usually thrown away.
The coffee bean has been in the limelight for ages but now more research is being made on the potential health benefits of the coffee fruit. According to the latest research, coffee fruit extract is the ultimate superfood for brainpower. It contains multiple antioxidants and is a powerful nootropic.
- Nootropics are brain-enhancing substances. Regular consumption of nootropics aid in fast learning, slow down brain-aging and decrease anxiety.
- The extract from coffee fruit is also ripe with chlorogenic acid (CGA). CGA is a biologically active polyphenol that carries multiple health benefits. It is most commonly found in the coffee extract, green coffee, apples, potatoes, strawberries, eggplants, blueberries, and pears. This compound is very effective in reducing blood pressure and maintaining weight.
It can also help lower blood sugar levels and reduce anxiety.
3 Powerful Health Benefits of Coffee Fruit Extract (Coffee On Your Body)
- Coffee fruit is a nootropic. It is loaded with antioxidants and other brain-enriching chemicals. Due to the multiple health benefits it carries, the coffee fruit is touted as the ultimate food for a healthy brain and body. It aids in weight loss and management and increases BDNF (Brain-derived neurotrophic factor) levels in the body.
Let us take a more detailed look at the multiple health benefits offered by coffee fruit extract for the mind and body.
Abundant In Antioxidants
- Antioxidants are important compounds that shield the body from dangerous free radicals. They inhibit the production of free radicals by slowing down the oxidation of certain substances in our bodies. Antioxidants detox your body and protect against cancer, heart diseases, and aging of the body.
- Any food which contains antioxidants must be consumed regularly. In this regard, the coffee fruit is quite the ideal fruit as it is inundated with antioxidants and polyphenols. Antioxidants such as Rutin, chlorogenic, protocatechuic, and gallic acids are present in high percentages in coffee fruit extract.
To understand the correlation between coffee fruit extract and antioxidants, a study was conducted on a small group of athletes. 20 athletes consumed 800 mg of coffee fruit extract every day for a month “click here for study“. Visible improvement was observed in the levels of antioxidants occurring inside the body.
Another study that was conducted on animals indicated that the consumption of coffee fruit extract results in a better immune system and reduces the growth rate of cancer-causing cells. Hence, the abundance of important antioxidants in coffee fruit extract makes it an ideal food to consume.
Boosts Brain Health (BDNF Levels)
- The coffee fruit extract is an excellent supplement for the brain. It augments brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). It is an important brain protein that aids in the formation of new neuron connections and shields the brain from aging. BDNF has long been associated with memory and motor skills.
- As we age, our bodies’ ability to manufacture BDNF reduces. This reduced level gives way to Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s diseases, etc. To slow down age-related neurodegeneration, it is important to maintain healthy levels of BDNF.
In this regard, coffee fruit can be quite the miracle fruit. Research shows that coffee fruit extract enhances BDNF levels by 143%. Sufficient levels of BDNF aid your brain in the following ways:
- Help you learn a new skill or process new information faster. The formation of new brain pathways due to increased BDNF levels helps your brain respond to new stimuli in a faster manner.
Improves memory skills by forming new brain cell connections in the hippocampus center of the brain.
Slows down neurodegeneration by protecting the brain from stress and radical damage.
Hence the consumption of coffee fruit extract does well to your brain in multiple ways.
Helps In Weight Loss
- Another potential benefit of consuming coffee fruit extract is that it helps in weight loss. It can help you shed those extra pounds by stimulating the breakdown of fat cells. Along with that, it reduces the formation of new fat cells which helps you regulate your weight.
- Even though the exact mechanism for weight loss induced by coffee fruit is unknown, the chlorogenic acid found in coffee fruit extract is credited for inducing weight loss in individuals. The coffee fruit extract has a double-action formula. It burns already present fat cells and suppresses new fat cells from forming.
This mechanism of weight loss was observed in a 6-week study conducted on mice. They were fed with coffee fruit extract and a noticeable change in their weight was observed.
- Another study was conducted on a group of 150 obese people which pointed to the same results. The participants of the study drank chlorogenic laden coffee for 12 weeks straight. By the end of the 12 weeks, significant weight and fat loss were observed in the participants.
- Hence it can be deduced that coffee fruit extract aids in weight management along with multiple other health benefits it offers. However, more research is needed to determine the exact mechanism and safety levels for coffee fruit extract in humans.
All in all, the coffee fruit is quite the miracle fruit that not only helps in weight management but offers mental health benefits as well. Its antioxidant-rich formula shields the body and brain from multiple health risks. Regular and controlled consumption of coffee fruit extract may as well be the secret to a long healthy life.
Effects of Coffee Fruit Extract on the Brain
- The coffee fruit extract is quite a miracle for the human brain. Its antioxidant and polyphenol-rich formula provides a protective barrier for the brain. They slow down age-related neurodegeneration and aid in the regeneration of neurons. Let us take a more detailed look at coffee fruit extract helps the brain in several different ways.
Significantly Increases BDNF Levels
- Medical studies and research have proved that there is a direct correlation between consumption of coffee fruit and increased levels of BDNF. BDNF is a crucial brain protein that aids in the growth of new neurons in the brain. The formation of new neurons makes it easy for the brain to learn new skills.
As per the findings of a study, consuming just 100 mg of coffee fruit extract can augment BDNF levels by 143%. This increase takes place within 2 hours of consuming the fruit.
- The coffee fruit extract is also helpful in preventing the brain from age-related neurodegenerative diseases. The chemical composition of patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease was observed and it was found that all of them had significantly lower levels of BDNF.
Since coffee fruit increases BDNF levels, it can be said that consumption of this supplement can aid in the fight against neurodegenerative diseases.
Increased Learning and Thinking
- Our prowess to learn a new skill is determined by our brain’s ability to form new brain pathways. Higher BDNF helps the brain form new connections and in turn, helps us respond to new stimuli or information in a better way.
Thus coffee fruit extract can sharpen your brain and help you think and learn faster.
Side Effects of Coffee Fruit Extract
- Whereas coffee fruit is generally considered safe for consumption, excess of everything can be bad. Coffee fruit has appeared on the screen recently and a substantial amount of research is still needed to determine the way it impacts the human body.
- The coffee fruit extract is rich in caffeine which is quite a potent substance. It has around 5-20 mg of caffeine per serving. If you are intolerant to caffeine, coffee fruit extract may not be the ideal food for you. However, if your body responds well to the coffee itself, then coffee fruit extract won’t cause any trouble.
How Much Caffeine In Coffee Beans vs. Coffee Fruit Extract?
Coffee beans contain 96 mg of caffeine per cup. This is much higher than the caffeine content present in coffee fruit extract at around 5-20MG per serving.
- To monitor the potential adverse effects of coffee fruit extract, a study was conducted on a group of mice. They were administered high doses of coffee fruit extract. No side effect was observed in mice even upon consuming high quantities of coffee fruit extract.
If you have just started taking coffee fruit extract, we recommend you to be moderate in your consumption of this supplement. Start with low doses. If your body responds well to it, then increase the quantity slowly.
Where To Find Coffee Fruit Extract
- We have established the health benefits of coffee fruit extract. The next thing to establish is where we can find one. The coffee fruit extract is grown on the coffee plant. Coffee plants are native to tropical regions. As the plant blooms, coffee fruit becomes ripe. As it ripens, it turns from green to a deep shade of red. The color change indicates that the fruit is ready to be plucked.
- After the fruit is removed from the plant, the coffee bean is procured. To do that, the fruit is ripped open. The skin and pulp are removed and the coffee bean is extracted. Coffee beans are the seeds of the plant. They are roasted and crushed to extract coffee powder.
- Previously, the coffee fruit was discarded as its nutritional value was not known. However, as modern science unveils more of its benefits, there has been an increased demand for coffee fruit extract in the market. The fruit is now extracted, preserved, and sold in the market in raw form.
You can consume coffee fruit extract in raw form. A more popular and convenient way to gain the benefits of coffee fruit extract is by consuming certain supplements that contain coffee fruit extract. Multiple brands now offer capsules and powder which are derived from coffee fruit extract and contain the nutritional value offered by it.
- One such supplement is NeuroActiv6. This brain-boosting supplement claims to increase BDNF levels, prevent oxidative stress, restores brain energy, promotes neural communication, and supports healthy cortisol levels. The coffee fruit extract is one of the major components of the NeuroActiv6.
- This supplement makes use of natural and organic coffee fruit. Coffee fruit is extracted from the Coffea Arabica plant. NeuroActiv6 neutralizes the caffeine effect of the coffee fruit extract. Hence it can also be taken by people who are intolerant towards caffeine.
NeuroActiv6 utilizes the whole of coffee fruit which includes the bean and the coffee fruit. The manufacturers understand that the healing power of the coffee fruit lies in the whole fruit itself. Regular consumption of NeuroActiv6 will help increase BDNF levels, and augment neuroprotein levels in Humans.
NeuroActiv6 reverses age-related neurodegeneration as well.
- From the above discussion, it can be concluded that coffee fruit extract has multiple health benefits. Every health-conscious person should make it a part of his everyday routine. Regular consumption of coffee fruit extract will save you from multiple mental and other harmful diseases. It can be consumed in raw form as a fruit. However, the more convenient way is to take supplements that contain this extract.
Boost Mental Energy & Focus
Discover how just one glass a day of NeuroActiv6 can increase focus, clarity, and mental energy.Learn More >>